Friday 31 May 2013

Winter Wardrobe Favourites - Coats and Jackets!

It's getting only just getting into winter here in New Zealand, although it sure doesn't feel like it - it hailed three times in one day this week!! - but I decided to take advantage of the colder weather and get out my favourite winter coats and jackets to show you guys! (*be warned, there are a lot of photos in this post*)
 

Up first is my coat from Glassons. I love this coat, because it's so warm and cosy as well as super comfortable! I also think that it is quite flattering, and I have been pairing it with a pair of black leggings and vans for a super easy, comfy look.  I got it on sale for around $65 dollars, which isn't too bad for a well made coat! I also love the colour, because it makes it a bit unique! I picked this up about  two months ago, and I'm not too sure if it's still in stores, but I would definitely recommend it if you can find it. 

Next is my woolly cardigan! I didn't actually buy this one, it was my mum's when she was younger which I think makes it more special than a store-bought one. It is in amazing condition as well, considering how old it is! This cardigan is so warm, perfect for chilly mornings and evenings and wearing around the house. I often find wool things quite scratchy and itchy, but this is really soft and comfortable. I also really wanted a chunky knit jumper, and this is almost exactly like ones I have seen in stores, so it's perfect! 

My next winter favourite is another one from Glassons - the Leather Look Trimmed blazer. This is my favourite blazer, because you can dress it up easily and I love the leather panels on the arms and collar. It isn't as warm as the other things on this list, but if its not too cold it's great to throw on over a dress or a nice top and jeans when you're going out. I wore this quite a lot while I was in Italy as we were going out to dinner most nights. I think this cost around $50, which seems like quite a bit for Glassons, but I'm really happy with it, and it is really well made. 

I might do a few more of these throughout winter, since this one was only about coats and jackets! This was a different kind of post, so let me know if you like it or not!  If you have any comments or suggestions or just want to say hi, leave me a comment below! Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave a link, I would love to check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I love the leather look trimmed blazer! It's such a great piece :)

    www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete