Monday 20 May 2013

LIQUID EYELINER: Maybelline, L'Oreal or MIKI?

So while I was digging through my makeup bag, I realised that I had not one, not two, but three almost identical looking liquid eyeliners! Turns out I bought my L'Oreal one a few months ago in a big online shopping spree and forgot about it until now, and the other two I bought on a whim when I didn't really need them!

I thought I would review them, and tell you their pros and cons. I don't use liquid eyeliner too much, mainly because I am crap at applying it - for some reason I get an urge to blink whenever I get halfway across my eye. Also, liquid eyeliner isn't exactly school suitable so I mostly wear it when I'm going out or on the weekends.

Maybelline Line Stiletto eyeliner in 'Black'
The Maybelline Line Stiletto eyeliner in 'Black' is the first liquid eyeliner I ever bought. It has a long, thin tip which is pretty good and easy to apply, however it dries out really quickly which is good when it's on your eye but not when you have to keep dipping the tip back in. The packaging is alright, a little on the boring side, but the handle is a little too short for my hand to hold comfortably without slipping off the end! I would give this eyeliner a 3.5 out of 5, because it does last for quite a while on your eyes and seems to be quite good quality. I got this off Amazon for $7.00 (US) but I think it's on sale now (check it out here).

L'Oreal Paris Lineur Intense eyeliner in 'Carbon Black'
The next eyeliner I found, which I had completely forgot about until today is my L'Oreal Paris Carbon Black Lineur Intense felt tip liquid eyeliner which I also got off Amazon. This cost around $9.00 (US) - check it out here. It has an almost identical felt tip to the Maybelline liner, but maybe a little bit softer and more triangular. It stays on for ages, and I really like the formula and the Carbon Black colour. I also like the packaging, as the handle is quite a lot longer than the Maybelline one, and easier to hold. I would give this eyeliner a 4.5 out of 5.

MIKI Intense Colour eyeliner in 'Black'
On to a cheaper option, I have the MIKI Intense Colour liquid eyeliner in 'Black'. I got this at Postie Plus for $3.00 (NZ) which is really really cheap for an eyeliner, especially in New Zealand where makeup is insanely expensive! I think I included this in my favourites a while back, because it does a really good job, especially considering it's price. It has a very thin tip which I like because I don't usually go for thick eyeliner, and it also makes it easier to apply. It also stays on for quite a long time. I wouldn't say I like the formula as much as the L'Oreal Paris one, but for the price it's really good. I would give this a 4 out of 5.

If you have any comments or suggestions or just want to say hi, leave me a comment below! Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave a link, I would love to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment