Wednesday 15 May 2013

Nail Polish Top 5!

Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a great day (or night!)!

Today I decided to show you my top 5 favourite nail polishes! This was quite a hard post to write, because I LOVE nail polish and I have quite a collection! 

I would just like to say that I'm going to show you the nail polish on a nail display wheel not my real nails because a) I hate my nails! I have a really bad habit of biting them (which I'm trying really hard to stop!) so they are really short and gross, and b) I didn't want to put all of the 5 nail polishes on to my nails then have to take them all off again, I thought that would be a bit of a waste of time! Now that's out of the way, let's get on with the post!







I'm a sucker for black nail polish, so I had to include this XOX nail polish (I can't find a name anywhere!). I bought this in a pack of...6 I think? from NZ Sales for around $20 so it was really cheap, and the consistency and everything  is actually surprisingly good! It has tiny little gold glittery bits in it, which I love, because it's different to just a plain old black nail polish, and they aren't too big or obvious! For a cheap nail polish, I would definitely recommend this one!
                                                                
On to a slightly more expensive one, the next one across is my new Sephora Collection nail polish in 'Seductive Red'. This is in my Sephora Haul, and I looove it!! At first I didn't love how bright it was in the sun, because in the store it looked much darker, but now I have gotten used to it a bit more, and I love it! It brightens up an outfit and is such a nice colour. 

                                                                           
Next along, is my first Essie nail polish in 'Eternal Optimist' which I think is a really cute name! It's a soft pink colour,which looks a lot more nude-y when it's on your nails! I love this colour, it's great for every-day and school wear because it's quite soft and natural, and I find it goes on really well, and usually you don't need to put on a second coat! 

The next nail polish is also a very cheap option! It's a Cotton On Body Nail Enamel in 'Nude'. This is my favourite nude nail polish, because it's not too light, which I find looks a bit weird sometimes. It cost around $3.00 from Cotton On Body which I think is only in New Zealand and Australia (they have an online store though!). I have been wearing this nearly every day recently, as it's perfect for school!
                                                   
Last but not least is my second Essie nail polish in 'Bikini So Teeny'. I'm in love with this colour, I think it's so pretty, but my only problem is that you need to put multiple coats on for it to stand out and it's a bit runny. I do really like the colour though, so it's still in my top 5! 

What are your top 5's? I would love to hear them! If you have any comments or suggestions or just want to say hi, leave me a comment below! Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave a link and I would love to check it out! 

5 comments:

  1. I love these colours, they are so flattering for most skin tones. Great post.

    Just wondering where did you purchase the nail wheel from?

    Beauty Baroness ☮♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I got a set of 3 nail wheels off Trade Me (which is like e-bay for New Zealand). I think they cost around 5 dollars? If you don't live in New Zealand I'm sure you can get them on e-bay or online somewhere!

      Hope that helped! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey, great post!

    Please check out my blog?

    http://terriface01.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks, they're all so gorgeous!

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete