Wednesday 8 May 2013

Sephora Haul!

Yesterday I got back from Italy, which was absolutely amazing!! I think I will do a separate blog post about what I got up to there, with some photos as well, but this post is all about the things I bought while I was there!

Probably the shop I was most excited to find was Sephora! Sephora is one of my absolute favourite makeup shops, but we don't have it in New Zealand, so I was really happy when I saw it in Arezzo (a town in Tuscany!). I could have stayed in there for hours, but we only had one day in Arezzo and there were loads of places we wanted to go, so I had to be really quick. I picked up Sephora eyeshadow in 'It Bag', and Sephora nail polish in 'Seductive Red". 



I love the eyeshadow! It goes on really well, and it's shimmery but not over the top glittery, which is perfect for me! It also stays on for ages, especially if you use eye primer first. I have been using it a lot, and now is my go-to eyeshadow! I think it cost around 12 euros, which is around 18 NZ dollars, which is quite expensive for one eyeshadow, but I really like it and I think it's definitely worth buying. 

Personally, I find Sephora nail polishes are so easy to apply, especially the bigger bottles, which is why I had to get a nail polish when I went in. This colour looked a lot darker when I saw it in the store which is why I got it, because I thought it would be perfect for winter, but it turns out to be quite a lot brighter in the sunlight. I do still like it, but I think I would have preferred it to be a little bit darker, and it chips quite easily. It cost around 9 euros, so about $13.50 which is pretty cheap for a nail polish, especially one this size!
When I bought these, the lady at the counter gave me loads of free samples like the Sephora Ultra Nourishing shower cream and a little Bleu de Chanel sample bottle (which I gave to my dad!). They also gave me the Sephora Brightening and Hydrating foundation samples, as well as a 20% discount voucher which I thought was really nice. I tried the foundation sample and loved it, so when I was in Rome I went to another Sephora shop and picked it up, as well a few other things (which meant I spent almost all of my money in Sephora - oops!).

 I was going to get the lighter shade, which was 'Ivory' but the shop assistant told me I should get 'Cream', which is slightly darker. It looks a little bit orangey when you first put it on but it blends surprisingly well, and I think it definitely was the right colour for me. I like this foundation, I think it's lightweight and does it's job (of brightening and hydrating) well. It has medium coverage, which I like, because it covers redness and blemishes well but isn't too heavy or cakey. It was also not overly expensive - it was around 17 euros, so about 25 NZ dollars. I am pretty happy with it overall and would recommend it!

While I was at this Sephora shop, I was a little bit naughty and picked up some other things as well! The first thing I got was the Sephora complexion and eye brush set. I really wanted to try out the Sephora brushes, and this set of 4 was only 24 euros, so I decided to give it a go, and I love it! It comes with a foundation brush, a blush/powder brush, an eyeshadow brush, and a precision smudge brush. It even has a little booklet explaining how to use each brush properly. The little bag it comes in is really cute, and the brushes are great so far!

The last thing I picked up was a Sephora Rouge Cream lipstick in 'Seduce' which is a pinkish beige colour. I really like the colour, which is quite pigmented, but it does come off and smudge quite easily which isn't great. It is quite hydrating though, and doesn't dry out your lips at all like some other lipsticks.



Sorry that was such a long blog post! I would love to what you guys think about Sephora, or if you want to more about any of these products, just leave me a comment below! If you have any blogging tips, or suggestions for what I should post, leave me a comment or email me at beautibits@gmail.com.




13 comments:

  1. Heya lovely great blog, and lush sephora prosuts. Thanks for leaving that nice comment:) I'd love to chat sometime to exchange tips, and ideas hunny :)
    Love Harrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou! and i would love to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay hunny my twitter is @Harrie_parrie - hopefully we can exchange some ideas, and tips x

      Delete
  3. Ugh, I want to travel to Italy so badly!! I love the Sephora lipsticks as well, the consistency is so smooth and creamy(: And they smell delicious! Thanks for the comment left on my blog and for the follow lovely! Now following you back

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish we had Sephora in the UK!
    NIce post :)

    Hannah x

    http://atinybeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need it here in New Zealand too!
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love when you find just what you need at Sephora! They have great offerings, glad you were able to find them!

    Great beauty blog :)

    - Kathleen
    http://www.fashionablelaughter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou!
      I love your blog, I'm a new follower :)

      Delete
  7. great blog, shall we follow let me know xse
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  8. That lipsticks such a pretty colour :) Great post, I'm a new subscriber!

    conceptofbudd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks!
      Love your blog too, followed back :)

      Delete