Saturday 22 June 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (Review a Day #6)

It's time for my second to last review of my Review a Day week! Sorry this is a bit late - my computer stuffed up and didn't post it yesterday when it was supposed to! 
Anyway, today's review is of the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in 'Cashmere' (008). I got this on sale from K-Mart for $9.00, which is a great price considering how much make up costs in New Zealand! 






I got this mainly because I didn't have any pressed powder and I often have a problem with looking shiny in photos, and the Stay Matte powder claims to have 'up to 5 hours of natural shine control'. 

I wasn't going to buy it at first, since 'Cashmere' was the only shade left and I thought it might be a little dark but I decided to just try it out since it was so cheap, and I'm so glad I did! It works really well for minimizing shine in photos, and it has a really nice, natural finish. I have worn it loads since I bought it, and I find that the Sephora Blush/Powder brush works really well to apply it. 

I have never really been one for pressed powders because I find they can make your face look a bit cakey and un-natural but this is really good to just even out your skin tone and make your pores appear smaller. The only drawback of this is that if you have dry skin, it might not be the best as it is a powder and it could possibly dry out your skin even more, but if you have oily or combination skin like me, then it's great!

Overall, I think this is a great product. It does it's job and doesn't bust your budget! 

Stay tuned for more reviews - a new one is coming every day this week!
 If you have any comments or suggestions or just want to say hi, leave me a comment below! Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave a link, I would love to check it out!

3 comments:

  1. I love this powder, but I hate the packaging! The lid never stays on mine properly, it got sellotaped on when I went on holiday xx

    D Is For...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, its my go to powder :)

    http://blondeambition3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Dannielle, the actual product is amazing, shame about the packaging :(

    Beth xx

    www.bethanieparis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete