Friday 7 June 2013

American Goodies!

I didn't think it was possible, but I have managed to spend MORE money this week on makeup. My dad works in America so he has to go over there a few times a year, giving me the perfect opportunity to splurge on makeup that I can't get or is ridiculously expensive in New Zealand! He came back yesterday, and I am absolutely in love with everything I got, so I decided that I had to blog about it!





The first thing I got is the Benefit World Famous Neutrals eyeshadow kit in Most Glamourous Nudes Ever. I got this off Sephora on sale for around $30.00 US, and I just fell in love with it when I saw it on their website - it's so pretty! The box is so so cute, and of course comes with a 'tips and tricks' booklet and a little mirror inside. It comes with two Creaseless Cream shadows in 'Birthday Suit' and 'My Two Cents' as well as four Longwear Powder shadows in 'Call My Buff', 'It's Complicated', 'Gilt-y Pleasure' and 'Kiss Me, I'm Tipsy'. I love this kit, and I'm sure it will feature in many future blog posts!

The next thing I got is the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch highlighting concealer in 'Ivory'. I had heard pretty good things about this concealer, and I have been wanting a highlighting pen concealer for ages, and I picked this up for a great price of $8.00. I haven't tried this out yet, but I will get back to you on how it looks!

Next up, I got the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable lip stain in 'Honey'. I actually got this in New Zealand a few weeks ago, but being the complete klutz I am, I dropped it on the first day I bought it, and it broke! I tried fixing it but nothing really worked, so my (amazing) dad picked this up for me in America where it's way cheaper! I love these lip stains - this is my third one, and I'm already eyeing up the next few ones I want! 

Last, but definitely not least, I got the YSL Touche Eclat concealer pen. I have been wanting this for so so long, after seeing loads of bloggers and Youtubers rave about it, but I could never find an excuse to buy it because of how pricey it is (it goes for up to $70 in New Zealand!). That's actually why I bought the Maybelline Dream Lumi concealer, because I read that it was a dupe for the YSL concealer. But after my dad had been gone for a few days and I had already ordered the Maybelline concealer, I saw that the YSL Touche Eclat was on sale for $23! This was such a great bargain that I couldn't resist, and I had to buy it. I haven't used it yet, but it looks amazing, and the packaging is so so pretty, so expect a review soon!

Sorry about two hauls in a row, but I couldn't resist sharing these with you! Hope you enjoyed the post anyway :) 

 If you have any comments or suggestions or just want to say hi, leave me a comment below! Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave a link, I would love to check it out!

6 comments:

  1. I really want to try that benefit kit - looks lovely :)

    http://blondeambition3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really amazing! I would get it now while it's on sale as well :)

      Delete
  2. You're so lucky to have a Dad who works in America! Try FeelUnique for cheap make up, I think they ship worldwide:) Im sure they do!

    Loveee your blog!

    Love Em x

    emtalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing I know! And thankyou so much - I will definitely check that out :)

      Delete
  3. Nice picks! Revlon Honey Balm Stain is one of my staples and that BeneFit kit looks so pretty! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm writing a review of the Honey Lip Stain at the moment - I love it!

      Delete