Tuesday 4 June 2013

Queen's Birthday Haul!

Hey everyone! This Monday it was the Queen's Birthday Holiday (it's not on her actual birthday though, which is strange but I'm not complaining!), so we had an extra day off school, then on Tuesday, our school had a teacher only day, which meant in total we had a 4 day weekend! This, of course, meant a shopping trip (or two) with my friends!

I didn't get too many things this weekend though because I'm broke at the moment - without a job, my little makeup obsession has been taking it's toll on my bank account! I did find some great bargains though that I will share with you guys!
The complete haul! (minus the canvas)

Rimmel Soft Kohl Pencil eyeliner
Bourjois Liner Effect mascara
Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder
Typo polaroid canvas

First off, I went to K-Mart which is a little bit like Walmart (I think!), for those of you who don't live in New Zealand! Rimmel London was having a great sale which was $5.00 off every product and since I can't resist a good bargain, I picked up two things - the Stay Matte pressed powder in 'Cashmere' (008) and the Soft Kohl eyeliner pencil in 'Sable Brown'. I haven't tried the powder yet, and I'm worried it will be a little dark for me, but it was the only colour left and for $9.50 it was such a bargain that I couldn't resist! Also, I have a problem with always looking shiny in photos and I wanted to see if this would help! I bought the eyeliner pencil because I love brown eyeliner and I lost mine when I went on holiday, and for $5.00 this was perfect!

On this trip I also picked up this Typo canvas. Typo is an amazing stationary and decorations store which is owned by Cotton On, and they were having a sale and I found this amazing polaroid camera canvas for only $6.00! I thought the design was really cute, and I love polaroid cameras, and it was so so cheap that I just couldn't not buy it! Also, I'm re-designing my room at the moment so it will be perfect to hang up once that's done.

On my second shopping trip I only bought one thing (excluding a couple of Dunkin' Donuts!!), which was the  Bourjois Liner Effect mascara in Brown. This was an amazing deal, as I picked it up for only $5.00 from Makeup Direct! This is supposed to give the effect that you are wearing kohl eyeliner, by emphasizing the roots of your lashes, which I thought sounded interesting. It also 'is enriched with kohl to intensify the result'! I will give this a try and get back to you with the results!

So that's all of the things I bought and got up to over the weekend -there will definitely be reviews coming! What did you guys get up to this weekend?
 If you have any comments or suggestions or just want to say hi, leave me a comment below! Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave a link, I would love to check it out!

2 comments:

  1. i love the rimmel stay matte powder and use it every day. your blog is really lovely and thank your for you lovely comment on mine. i always love to check out the blogs of people who like what i do.
    xx

    dornroeeschen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rimmel Stay Matte Powder is great, you're in for a treat :)

    www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete