Monday 24 June 2013

YSL Touche Eclat (Review a Day #7)

It's finally time for my last review of this week, and I have saved the best for last for you guys - the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch!






Made in France....fancy! 

After watching so many YouTubers rave about this, it was on the top of my wishlist for months and months - the only thing stopping me from buying it was it's price tag! It can go for a whopping $70.00 in New Zealand which I thought was way too much to pay for what it is, but when my dad went to America I saw it was on sale for $23.00! Of course, this was way to great of a bargain for me to pass up, so I ordered it off Amazon. 

I got this in Shade #1, which, when it arrived, I thought would be way too light for me, but it turned out to be perfect! Since it's a highlighter, you are supposed to go a shade or so lighter than your foundation, so it lightens areas that are usually dark like under the eyes. 

Next - the packaging. I absolutely love the packaging that this comes in - the pen is beautiful! When I first got it, I spent a good 30 minutes gawking at it....oops! 

On to the actual product - I love it! I also have the Maybelline Dream Lumi highlighting concealer, which has been said to be a dupe for it, and while I think that the Dream Lumi might be more effective as a concealer, as a highlighter the Touche Eclat is so much better. It is great for under the eyes, on the cheekbones, around the nose and even around the mouth and eyebrows. It has got a bit of flack recently but I think that's because people don't really understand what it's for! While it does help conceal under eye bags and spots, it is technically a highlighter which is used for a different purpose. 

Overall, I love this product! I can just slip it into my makeup bag and it is so versatile! I use it a lot when I'm going out or if I have particularly bad undereye circles.  The only problem with it is the price - unless it comes back on sale I won't be able to repurchase it. 

Thank-you to everyone who's been reading my Review a Day week - it has been really fun to write! I love experimenting with my blog and trying lots of new things.  I think you can expect a few more things like this in the future! 

If you have any comments or suggestions or just want to say hi, leave me a comment below! Also, if you have a blog, feel free to leave a link, I would love to check it out!

3 comments:

  1. I've wanted to try this product for so long it's ridiculous. But since I'm from Australia (which is only slightly cheaper then NZ) the price is just too big for me too. Might look up on Amazon though and hope it goes on sale again. Thanks for the review :)

    www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been debating this for a while now, but can't quite justify the price when I have so many other products I could use!

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award.... Please see my latest blog post for the details :) xx

    D Is For...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! I will post it soon :)

      Delete